Martin Skrtel extends contract with Liverpool

Posted on by SoccerPunter

Liverpool defender Martin Skrtel signed a new “long-term” contract with the Premier League club on Monday.

Skrtel had been linked with English Premier League champions Manchester City and Italian Serie A outfit Fiorentina during the close season, but Liverpool have moved to keep the 27-year-old at Anfield.

Skrtel has become a vital member of the Reds’ side since arriving in a £6.5 million deal from Zenit St Petersburg in 2008 and was voted the club’s player of the year last season.

“I’m happy because I am a part of one of the biggest clubs in the world,” Skrtel told Liverpool’s website.

“After last season there was a lot of talk about my future but I have to say that the first priority for me was always to sign a new deal with Liverpool.

“For me, it’s a great thing to play for Liverpool. I am proud to play for Liverpool with these great players — probably some of the best players in the world.

“I hope I can create history at this club and that the fans will always remember me — that’s my target for the future.”

Be the first to comment:

Write a detailed comment of at least 350 characters to earn a reward point.
Results and Fixtures

Top Soccer Tipsters
Today Predictions in Tipsters Competition
Unknown kynzwilliams296 posts a In-Play Over / Under tip on Hebei CFFC vs Shandong Luneng
just now
Unknown franktimon posts a Both Teams to Score tip on Nõmme United vs Paide U21
3 minutes ago
Unknown franktimon posts a Over / Under tip on Nõmme United vs Paide U21
4 minutes ago
Unknown playnwin posts a Over/Under - 1st Half tip on Reading U21 vs Burnley U21
7 minutes ago
7 minutes ago
Unknown BILLIONS posts a Double Chance tip on Liverpool vs Crystal Palace
8 minutes ago
Unknown BILLIONS posts a Double Chance tip on Juventus vs Sassuolo
8 minutes ago
Unknown playnwin posts a Over/Under - 1st Half tip on Ihefu vs Ruvu Shooting
8 minutes ago
Unknown playnwin posts a Over/Under - 1st Half tip on Ihefu vs Ruvu Shooting
8 minutes ago
Unknown playnwin posts a Over/Under - 1st Half tip on Puszcza Niepołomice vs Nieciecza
9 minutes ago

Soccer Tips

Be a fan of our Twitter and Facebook Page
Soccer Analysis
Potential Fixed Matches
Arbitrage

Arbitrage Picks

Arbitrage is an effective way to make guaranteed profits without losing your money.

Soccer Statistics H2H

Soccer Statistics

Analyze soccer matches, inclusive of past results, head to head stats, today match fixtures, live soccer odds, players and team form.

Livescore

Livescore

Check the latest and fastest live score results for all football matches. Know who are the goalscorers, yellow card and red card offenders.

Soccer Bet Help
Pick a Country or Region

Get the listings of soccer leagues and competitions for each region, including past seasons results and football statistics.

Match Preview and News

Copyright © 2002-2020 SoccerPunter Pte. Ltd. All rights reserved.