PDA

View Full Version : Gaz Metan Mediaş vs Târgu Mureş - Romania Liga I Predictions

raitar
05-10-2015, 04:09 PM
Match Links: Predict (https://www.soccerpunter.com/competition/Romania/Liga-I/bet_match_2009080_CS_Gaz_Metan_Mediaş_vs_ASA_Târ gu_Mureş_2015-05-10) H2H (https://www.soccerpunter.com/soccer-statistics/Romania/Liga-I-2014-2015/head_to_head_statistics/all/1827_CS_Gaz_Metan_Media%C5%9F/9276_ASA_T%C3%A2rgu_Mure%C5%9F) Odds (https://www.soccerpunter.com/soccer-statistics/Romania/Liga-I-2014-2015/livesoccerodds?match_id=2009080&home=CS+Gaz+Metan+Media%C5%9F&away=ASA+T%C3%A2rgu+Mure%C5%9F&date=2015-05-10+15%3A30%3A00)

Gaz Metan hasn't been too convincing lately, especially for a team struggling to avoid relegation. In their last 7 games, out of which 4 having been played against other team threatened with relegation, the team from Mediaş managed to win once and draw 4 times.

On the other side ASA Târgu Mureş is having a great period, being unbeaten in the Liga 1 in their last 16 games (since 4th of December). After recently defeating the reigning champions Steaua away in Bucharest, ASA managed to grab the first place with 4 games to go, and they don't plan on letting the championship slip away.

My predictions for this match:
-FT: 2
-Correct Score: 0-2

soccerpunter
05-10-2015, 04:18 PM
Thanks raitar for the match preview.

I think most of the football fans are accustomed to Steaua Bucureşti winning the Romania Liga.

It would be nice to see a new Champion this season.

raitar
05-10-2015, 05:05 PM
This might be true, after all Steaua is the most successful Romanian club in history (and the only one to win a Champions League trophy). They have managed to win the last 2 seasons in Romania, however prior to these successes, the Romanian league hasn't seen a winner from Bucharest since the 06-07 season. For me it wouldn't be that much of a surprise if someone else takes the title again, but I agree it would be nice to see a fresh champion, especially since ASA comes straight from the second league.

If Steaua will indeed lose the title this season I would b**** it on the poor transfer management. They allowed their best goalscorer Keseru to leave as well as the playmaker Sanmartean and three essential players in their defensive: Szukala, Gardos and Pintilii. Although Bourceanu after his transfer to Trabzonspor has been returned on loan, he's coming after a nasty injury and hasn't been able to find his previous game so far. Most likely these rushed transfers have to do with the fact that Gigi Becali, Steaua's owner has returned back from prison - he is known for interfering in the teams affairs and even deciding which players should play and which should not (another reason why Steaua doesn't have coaches stick around for too long). Unfortunately for his team he has considered the immediate gains more important and now he risks to lose the millions they would get from a potential Champions League qualification.

As for ASA, they are a team with many experienced players (average age almost 28) and benefit from a lack of scandals inside the club (wages paid on time, team sponsored by the local council so no owner interference etc.) They have managed to avoid the spotlight until recently and this overall positive atmosphere might lead them to winning the trophy this year, much like Oțelul Galați surprised everyone in the 2010/11 season.

raitar
05-10-2015, 05:07 PM
If Steaua will indeed lose the title this season I would b**** it on the poor transfer management.

Oops..the censored word is a synonym of 'condemn'.