PDA

View Full Version : Sunderland vs Manchester City - England Premier League Predictions

ntesco
02-01-2016, 06:20 PM
Match Links: Predict (https://www.soccerpunter.com/competition/England/Premier-League/bet_match_2043362_Sunderland_AFC_vs_Manchester_Cit y_FC_2016-02-02) H2H (https://www.soccerpunter.com/soccer-statistics/England/Premier-League-2015-2016/head_to_head_statistics/all/683_Sunderland_AFC/676_Manchester_City_FC) Odds (https://www.soccerpunter.com/soccer-statistics/England/Premier-League-2015-2016/livesoccerodds?match_id=2043362&home=Sunderland+AFC&away=Manchester+City+FC&date=2016-02-02+19%3A45%3A00)

After seeing off a relegation threatened A. villa with a
pretty mixed team in the FA cup during the weekend, I
expect city to continue with another convincing win here
over Sunderland. with The likes of Arguero,
Yaya toure and Silva were given a rest in the game against
Aston villa and I expect them to be recalled to the starting
line up here. Nasri, Kompany, Kolarov are still on their way
to recovery and would not take part here.
Sunderland are 19th on the log with 19 points after 23
games. They were knocked out of the FA cup by Arsenal
in the last round of the tournament so they have over a
week of rest before they face city here. They have a
3-3-5 record at the stadium of light scoring 13 and
conceding 12. They were tied to a point in a pretty
winnable game against Bournemouth in their last game and
today, they face a more difficult test. Most of their
losses at home have all come by 1 goal margin but I expect
city to surpass that.
Man city are 3 points off leicester city who are top of
the table and are just above arsenal on goal difference so
this is not far from a must win game for them. Leicester
have an uneasy game against Liverpool so this is a chance
city has got to leapfrog them to the top spot if they lose
out. City has won sunderland by a 4-1 scoreline twice
this season so I think they are going to cover our handicap.
Both teams have also scored in the last 6 games
between these two so a goal goal is also a decent bet
here but for me am sticking with city here to win by a
couple of goals with a fresh squad.. Over 3.5goals

jesse
02-01-2016, 08:24 PM
I tend to differ with that. the lower teams tend to prove to be uneasy mostly when it comes to the other team requiring a win.. Man city might win but dont be suprised when it ends to be a draw or narrow win for City

ntesco
02-02-2016, 01:29 PM
City has won sunderland by a 4-1 scoreline twice
this season

Vidmadcrash
02-02-2016, 05:34 PM
I tend to agree with, Jesse. As much as I'd love to see a 4-1 scoreline ( that would be nice for my Fantasy Football tally you understand and for opting to have Aguero as captain tonight).

Man City haven't been an all-conquering force away from home this season mainly for 2 reasons. Silva and Aguero out with injuries.

Even with those guys fit again, last week away from home, proved winning away from home an elusive task against an in-form West Ham.

Man City in the past 9 game weeks have score twice as many goals at home than away. They have to their credit scored 10 home goals with just 5 away (2 of those at West Ham a little under 2 weeks ago)that works out an average of just 1 goal per away game.

In their last 5 away matches Man City have won just ONE game, suffering 2 defeats and sharing the spoils in the other 2.

Certainly they have the players to sweep most teams away, the squad seem to have a jekyll and Hyde type syndrome one attitude for home fans and another for away days ... today's result will rest entirely upon which Manchester City team show up tonight.

Also you should consider Sunderland's form has taken a little upturn of late with Patrick van Aanholt scoring a goal in each of Sunderland's last 4 games and as you suggest ntesco with fullbacks .. Kompany, Kolarov out with injuries I'd easily settle with BOTH teams to score over the match ending with 5 goals or more (though!, I'm not saying that won't happen)it just seems high risk.

My prediction would be both teams to score and or over 1.5 goals. They're both pretty much nailed on wins .

digsman2002
02-02-2016, 09:45 PM
Man City will take the lead at the end of the match....City win

liam2wap
02-02-2016, 09:56 PM
Total goals 2 or 3, good for an evens bet when dutched.

beck
02-02-2016, 10:27 PM
Glad to read the h2h stats at soccerpunter.. it has given me immense insight of the football matches.

mamrutiya
02-03-2016, 03:23 AM
Manchester City handicap set Too high to set market for home . Match pick is Manchester city -1.25