PDA

View Full Version : In-play bet rejections

liam2wap
08-25-2015, 04:59 AM
I think the systems in place to prevent ******** in-play are perhaps a little too clever for their own good. Last night for instance I placed a bet on over 1.5 goals in the last 20 minutes or so of a match, and it was at least another 5 minutes before a goal or anything else significant happened but my bet was cancelled after the match anyway (reason given as "odds were switched off 11 seconds after your bet"). The bet actually lost, because there wasn't a second goal, but it matters to point out such problems because I've seen some cases where some other players have won multiple bets because the one losing selection was auto-cancelled.

I do think Soccerpunter is technically brilliant and I can imagine how hard it is to create an automated system that manages in-play betting perfectly without a team of professional traders on hand, but I would suggest some solutions. One would be only cancelling flagged bets if they win - that may seem harsh, but as tipsters we should probably care more about pre-match predicting, when there is time for others to act on our tips. There could then be an appeals option for rejected winning bets if the player feels robbed, which could be looked at by a human (but limited to Platinum members due to the work involved).

A more elegant solution may be to only allow in-play betting at half-time thus eliminating the need for bet rejections, though I'm not sure about the technical feasibility of this.

liam2wap
08-26-2015, 11:48 AM
Oh come on... Even bets placed in the middle of half-time get rejected?

Goiás vs Brasília In-Play Over / Under
Over 1
0-0 (HT)

This happened to win as well.

soccerpunter
09-01-2015, 11:07 PM
Hi liam2wap, the odds in the tipsters competition were similar to bet365.

For some reasons, bet365 no longer offer odds for Total Goal Over 1 after you have submitted the In-Play prediction. Therefore, it was rejected.

liam2wap
09-02-2015, 07:10 AM
No worries. I guess over time the rejected bets will average out to cancel each other out, some missed wins and some missed losses.

soccerpunter
09-02-2015, 10:58 AM
Thank you for your support and understanding. :)

To be in the top 10 rankings, one has to be hardworking and intelligent, with some luck as well.

You will seldom come across a soccer tipster whom remain in the top 10 for consecutive rounds because we have so many measures in place to ensure there is no ******** or abuse.

SoccerPunter Tipsters Competition is the only platform for a true soccer tipster or professional punter to showcase his skills and predictions.

If you have friends whom claim to be good in predicting matches, invite them to SoccerPunter. :)